It’s just a fact that holding onto limiting beliefs negatively impacts your self-confidence and your self-esteem. It’s helpful to look at the following list of limiting beliefs and then work toward replacing them with empowering ones. Treat yourself kindly and learn to reframe the things you say to yourself. How you speak to yourself has a huge effect, either negative or positive, on your future! Always be mindful of limiting beliefs and self-confidence.
Here’s one example: “I’ll never be able to learn this because I’m not smart enough” is better as “It may take some extra time, but I’ll find a way to learn the things I need to learn in order to move forward in my life.”
Let’s look at 5 common limiting beliefs that may be damaging your self-confidence right now.
- Do you constantly think about your physical body in terms of how much you weigh or how you look? Do you feel everyone is judging you; does this negatively affect your self-confidence when you’re around other people? Just be aware that most people are more sensitive to what they “feel” about someone and how they feel around them instead of how the person looks. Project an air of confidence and don’t hold limiting beliefs about your looks. This is a limiting belief you can change right now.
- People look to alter their states in many ways, and many of them are negative such as overeating, over drinking or even doing some form of drugs. These people are most often looking for happiness they feel eludes them. The good news for you is that happiness is a state of mind and can be created without using anything that will cause you harm. The first step is to decide you deserve to be happy and empower yourself to work on this. Happiness can be created in many ways, beginning with taking joy in being of service to others and looking to be grateful for even the smallest of things in your life. Be confident you do have the power, to a large extent, to create the state of your mind, whether it’s depression or happiness. You make the right choice by believing you can be happy and then by taking the actions to follow through and make it happen in your life.
- Feeling worthy is a limiting state of mind many people struggle with. Believe you are worthy of love and receive that love by being of service and by giving your love to others. Remember you are worthy of good things coming into your life. When your mind is cluttered with the thought of “I don’t deserve good things to happen to me. That only happens to other people,” your subconscious mind will work in the background to make that come true. It will believe you really don’t want good things to happen and that you enjoy being miserable. Make the belief that you are worthy of good things a mantra you repeat every day. Have the confidence to go out into the world and find the people and things you want in your life.
- We all experience rejection at some point in life. To hold the fear that you will always be rejected no matter what will undermine your self-confidence. You may have a dream job that you want to go after, but you fear being rejected, and so you decide not to try. When this happens more than once, it erodes your self-confidence. As a result, you may choose to give up and, for example, stay at a job that does not give you joy. Fear of rejection is something you may also feel in relationships. You find someone who seems to be perfect, but the fear of taking it to the next level impacts your self-confidence. Instead of moving forward, you may self-sabotage the relationship. either consciously or unconsciously, by doing or saying something that causes it to end. Create the belief you will succeed and end your fear of rejection.
- Do you have big dreams? Is there something unique you want to do with your life, but internally you keep telling yourself it won’t work out, so why even bother to try? When you squash any attempt to go for your dreams, your self-confidence again takes a hit. As your self-confidence drops, it impacts other aspects of your life. It can prevent you from even going out and making new friends. At work, you may find the phone calls you used to make become much more challenging, as well as talking to clients becomes a tense moment rather than a pleasant interaction. Work solidly on fulfilling your dreams and believe that you can do it.
Always remember your subconscious believes what you think about yourself, so make your thoughts good ones! Don’t allow limiting beliefs and self-confidence to negatively impact your life.
Helping You Achieve Major Wellness!
Cheryl A Major, CNWC
I’m author, health coach, and entrepreneur Cheryl A Major, and I would love to connect with you! If you’re new to the world of developing a more positive mindset for a healthier you, please check out https://EmbraceOptimism.com. There you will learn how to train yourself to improve your mindset and create a happier, more positive life for yourself and those around you. I really think you’ll enjoy the 30 images with positive quotes as much as I enjoyed creating them for you!
Be sure to follow me on Twitter so you won’t miss my daily postings for health, wellness and mindset!